Foot and Ankle Care
Whether you want to run a marathon or run after your grandkids, you need healthy feet and ankles to do so.
We specialize in treating the following conditions:
Our specialists fully assess your symptoms and your lifestyle to design the most effective treatment plan. Our team evaluates your overall health and studies your biomechanics, or how your feet and ankles function while you stand or walk.
Foot and ankle specialists: Why choose Henry Ford?
People across southeast and central Michigan choose us because we offer:
- Experienced team: Our orthopedic surgeons, podiatric surgeons and podiatrists work together to get you an accurate diagnosis and the care you need. Learn more about our foot and ankle team.
- Coverage for all needs: We treat a wide range of foot and ankle conditions, from congenital issues at birth, to injuries and degenerative problems later in life. Whether it’s common or complex we can help. Learn about the foot and ankle conditions we treat.
- Range of innovative treatments: We offer a full range of treatments, so you can find an option that fits your needs. We offer the latest ultrasound-guided injections and regenerative therapies, as well as arthroscopic surgeries. Our minimally invasive procedures get you back on your feet quickly. Learn about our non-surgical treatment options and our foot and ankle surgery.
- Complete care: Sometimes foot and ankle care calls for additional expertise. Our foot and ankle specialists collaborate with plastic surgeons, arthritis specialists, wound care experts and physical therapists across the Henry Ford network. You get all the specialized care you need from one trusted source.
- Easy access: Henry Ford has several foot and ankle clinics throughout the region. We offer virtual care options, and guarantee appointments within 24 business hours. Find a location near you.
Why is it important to see a foot and ankle specialist?
All too often, people try to push through foot and ankle pain. What starts as a mild condition can then become a serious injury. Don’t ignore your symptoms. If you have persistent discomfort or find it hard to walk or put on shoes, see a foot and ankle doctor.
Regular foot exams are especially important for people with diabetes. Minor issues such as corns or calluses can turn into dangerous foot blisters and ulcers. Daily self-care and annual foot checkups can help prevent wounds, bone infections and other limb-threatening conditions. Learn more about our Regular foot exams are especially important for people with diabetes. Minor issues such as corns or calluses can turn into dangerous foot blisters and ulcers. Daily self-care and annual foot checkups can help prevent wounds, bone infections and other limb-threatening conditions. Learn more about our foot care for diabetes.
Foot surgeon Dr. Nicole Brouyette explains why seeing a podiatrist is important.