Billing and Payment
We're committed to providing affordable, high quality care. For true medical emergencies, we provide care, no matter your ability to pay at the time services are provided.
- Understand your financial responsibility
- Get an estimate
- View insurance plans we accept
- Find out how to apply for Medicaid
Ways to pay your Henry Ford Health bill
Pay by MyChart
Pay as Guest
Pay by Phone
Pay by mail
Call (800) 999-5829 to make a payment through our automated system 24 hours a day, seven days a week.
You can send a check or money order by postal mail to the following address. Please include the appropriate Guarantor ID on the check so we can process your payment.
Henry Ford Health
PO Box 553920
Detroit MI 48255-3920
We're available to assist you with a payment or to answer questions about your bill. Please contact a customer service representative at (800) 999-5829. Billing representative are available Monday – Thursday 8 a.m. to 6 p.m. and Fridays 8 a.m. to 5 p.m.
Do you have a bill from Henry Ford-GoHealth Urgent Care?
You can pay at personpay.com/henryford.
For questions about your account, contact Henry Ford - GoHealth Customer Service at (313) 324-4022 or email@example.com.
Your financial responsibility
After insurance covers its portion of the bill, any deposits and most co-pays must be paid at the time of service, in most cases.
You are responsible to pay for all non-emergency services. When you receive your bill, you are expected to pay the full balance within 20 days. If you cannot pay, we offer financial assistance and payment plans.
Before you receive care it is important to understand that, though much of your care may be covered by insurance, you are still responsible for out-of-pocket costs. Knowing what those costs may be and having a plan to pay will save you stress later.
Need help understanding your financial responsibility? Contact a Customer Service Representative at (800) 999-5829 Monday – Thursday from 8 a.m. to 6 p.m. and Fridays from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m.
What can I expect to pay at my visit?
You are responsible to pay for most services at the time of care, with a few exceptions. This includes any deposits and most co-pays. To find out your expected payment, contact your insurance provider or speak to one of our billing customer service representatives at (800) 999-5829 Monday – Thursday: 8 a.m. to 6 p.m. and Fridays: 8 a.m. to 5 p.m.
Understand your insurance coverage
It is your responsibility to understand your plan’s specific rules regarding covered services, approved providers, referrals, authorizations and out-of-pocket payments.
- Make sure your plan is on our list of insurance plans accepted. If you are enrolled in a health insurance plan that does not contract with Henry Ford Hospital and Medical Centers, you can still see a Henry Ford Medical Group doctor with an approved referral and/or authorization.
- It is important to have your correct insurance information on file to help us correctly bill your insurance. You will be responsible for any charges incurred if the information provided is not correct.
- Call your health plan to discuss what is covered and is not before your procedure or visit. There may also be certain procedures that require prior authorization, referrals, etc.
What if I do not have insurance?
Patients with no insurance (self-pay patients) are required to make deposits before services are rendered, except in the event of an emergency. We describe Self-Pay as:
- A patient who cannot provide proof of valid health insurance and there is none on file
- A patient who requests health services that are not covered by his or her insurer
- A patient who is enrolled in a health plan that is not accepted and does not have a required referral or authorization
If you are paying out-of-pocket, do not have insurance, or if you are seeking care at Henry Ford Health for services not covered by your health plan, it is expected that these costs are paid before services are provided. If you are not prepared to pay for services and charges incurred before your scheduled, non-emergency outpatient visit, or you have not made a payment plan with one of our financial counselors your office visit will be rescheduled.
|Self-pay patient deposits|
|New patient office visit||$250|
|$125 deposit before each visit
Our pricing specialists can help give you a good idea of what your cost will be for a certain service. They are available at (888) 455-2678
If you won't be able to pay for care, consider the options on our Financial Assistance page.
If you make an overpayment on your account, the overpayment will be applied to your outstanding balance. If there is no outstanding balance, the overpayment will be refunded to you.