Auto accidents. Sports. Moving day. Life seems to offer endless opportunities for back injuries to occur. Luckily, expert care is always close to home. The spine program at Henry Ford Health offers leading-edge treatments from experienced specialists throughout southeast and south central Michigan.
Back injury care: Why choose Henry Ford?
Every back injury deserves the very best care. At Henry Ford, we go above and beyond to bring you:
- Expertise: Our board-certified doctors have experience caring for every type of back and neck injury, from strains to herniated discs. Spine and trauma specialists work together to treat critical spine injuries such as complex fractures.
- Treatment options: Spine care isn’t one-size-fits-all. We offer a range of treatments so you can get a care plan that fits your unique needs.
- Multispecialty care: Our spine specialists can connect you with Henry Ford sports medicine physicians, rehabilitation specialists and other qualified providers. Get all the back injury care you need from one trusted source.
Back injuries we treat
Our spine specialists treat a wide range of back injuries, including:
- Herniated discs
- Sports injuries
- Sprains and strains
- Traumatic injuries
- Vertebral dislocations (spondylolisthesis)
- Work injuries
Back injury diagnosis
Our experienced spine specialists will perform a physical exam and evaluate your symptoms. We may perform a motion analysis study to pinpoint the location of your back injury. In some cases, we may need additional tests to make an accurate diagnosis.
Tests may include:
- Bone scan
- CT scan
- Myelogram, a specialized X-ray to detect nerve problems
- Nerve conduction study
Nonsurgical back pain treatment
Our spine care program offers a wide range of nonsurgical treatments for back injuries. We want to relieve pain and restore mobility with the least invasive means possible — and with minimal disruption to your life.
- Home exercise programs
- Sacroiliac joint injections
- Epidural spine injections
Additional treatments are available through the Henry Ford pain management team. We can also include integrative medicine and physical therapy in your treatment plan. Henry Ford physical therapists stay in close communication with your spine specialist for coordinated care.
Back injury surgery
Several of our doctors have additional fellowship training in complex spine surgery. This experience means they can perform highly specialized surgeries for back pain and spine injuries related to scoliosis, spinal tumors and trauma. Learn more about spine surgery at Henry Ford.
Sports medicine focus
If your back injury is sports-related, or your pain is worsened by another musculoskeletal problem, we can help. The Henry Ford spine care team includes physical medical and rehabilitation physicians with additional fellowship training in sports medicine.
These specialists use nonsurgical treatments to relieve back pain, restore mobility and, ultimately, get you back in the game. Learn more about sports medicine at Henry Ford.
Take the next step
Back injuries don’t have to keep you from the activities you love. Request an in-person or virtual appointment with a member of our spine care team.