Orthopedic and Spine Therapy
If you have pain or immobility in your muscles, bone or joints, we can get you moving again. Henry Ford Health offers a robust orthopedic and spine therapy program. Licensed therapists provide one-on-one treatment to improve your overall functionality.
Orthopedic physical therapy: Why choose Henry Ford?
We have the expertise to offer total care for back, neck and musculoskeletal issues. At our program, you’ll find:
- Convenient access: With more than 20 locations in southeast and south central, as well as virtual care, it’s easier than ever to get the treatment you need. Schedule in-person or online appointments that fit your busy schedule.
- Experienced team: Many of our therapists have additional training and certifications in key specialty areas. Our team excels in manual therapy, the McKenzie Method® and many other evidence-based treatments.
- Complete care: Therapists offer prehabilitation before your spine or joint replacement surgery. Enhancing strength and range of motion, both before and after a procedure, can lead to better outcomes during recovery.
- Customized treatment: We coordinate care with your referring orthopedist, spine specialist or primary care provider. This collaboration ensures you receive rehabilitation tailored to your unique health needs.
Conditions we treat
We offer physical therapy for most spine conditions, including:
- Herniated disc
- Low back pain
- Neck pain
Other bone, joint and soft tissue conditions we treat with physical therapy include:
- Arthritis and osteoporosis
- Frozen shoulder
- Head, neck and jaw pain
- Knee pain
- Plantar fasciitis (heel pain)
- Rotator cuff (shoulder) injuries
- Sprains and strains
Treatments we offer
Therapists perform a thorough, whole-person evaluation before creating a treatment plan. We want to get to the root of your pain and identify the barriers that stand between you and recovery. We may recommend a combination of therapies, including:
- Core strengthening: Stabilizing the muscles in the abdomen and lower back can relieve stress on other joints, muscles and soft tissues in the body.
- Electrical stimulation: Noninvasive, percutaneous (on the skin) nerve stimulation can help divert pain signals and provide temporary relief.
- Manual therapy: Hands-on therapy restores alignment and normal motion in the joints and soft tissues. This treatment allows tissues to rest and heal.
- McKenzie therapy: The McKenzie Method® of Mechanical Diagnosis and Therapy (MDT) focuses on extension-based exercise and self-care techniques for back and neck pain.
Find a location
Henry Ford offers orthopedic and spine therapy at multiple locations throughout southeast and south central Michigan. Contact a location near you to schedule an appointment.
Explore our blogs
Read blog articles to learn more about orthopedic and spine therapy: