How do you offer support to a family member or friend who has recently completed rehab for substance abuse? Here's an expert's advice on how you can help.
Inpatient rehabilitation can help you regain freedom and functionality after an illness, injury or surgery. Henry Ford Health has two inpatient rehabilitation programs in Wyandotte and Clinton Township. Our expert team of physicians, nurses, therapists and social workers is dedicated to your safe recovery.
Hospital-based rehabilitation: Why choose Henry Ford?
People turn to Henry Ford when they or a loved one needs attentive, 24-hour care. Highlights of our inpatient rehabilitation programs include:
- Accreditation: Our Wyandotte location is accredited by the Commission on Accreditation of Rehabilitation Facilities (CARF). This recognizes that we uphold the highest standards of patient care.
- Expert team: A highly skilled team delivers around-the-clock care. Our staff includes physicians, physical therapists, occupational therapists, speech-language pathologists, nurses, social workers, recreational therapists and neuropsychologists.
- Extensive services: As a hospital-based rehabilitation program, a range of services are offered on site. Labs, imaging exams, dialysis and pharmacy services are all under one roof, ensuring you receive timely, streamlined care.
- Care transition: When you’ve achieved your inpatient rehabilitation goals, we help coordinate a seamless care transition. Whether you need home care, outpatient rehabilitation or a long-term care facility, we guide you and your caregivers through every step.
- Personalized recovery plan: We work with you to set clear goals for your rehabilitation. One-on-one treatment plans are tailored to your needs, helping you return to an independent life at home, work and in your community.
- Specialized stroke rehabilitation: We excel in providing expert stroke rehabilitation. Henry Ford Wyandotte Hospital is a CARF-accredited Stroke Specialty Program. We’re also equipped with state-of-the-art stroke rehabilitation technology, including a robotic exoskeleton at our Clinton Township campus.
Conditions we treat
We have the expertise to treat a wide range of conditions in our inpatient rehabilitation programs, including:
- Brain injuries, spinal cord injuries or other trauma
- Cardiac conditions, including myocardial infarction and artery bypass
- Lower limb amputations
- Neurological conditions, including Parkinson’s disease, Guillain-Barré syndrome, multiple sclerosis and encephalopathy
- Physical and cognitive effects of cancer, pulmonary disease or other serious medical conditions
- Recovery from orthopedic procedures, including hip fracture surgery and spine surgery
Inpatient rehabilitation therapies we offer
We focus on the physical, emotional and cognitive aspects of your recovery by providing:
- Physiatry: A physical medicine and rehabilitation physician oversees your care and refers you to other specialists when necessary.
- Occupational therapy: We help you regain daily living skills, such as dressing, bathing and using the toilet.
- Physical therapy: We help you regain strength and mobility skills, including walking and using assistive devices.
- Rehabilitation nursing: Skilled nurses monitor your condition 24/7 and ensure your physician is updated on your progress.
- Social work services: Social workers help you and your caregivers with discharge planning, insurance coordination and access to community resources.
- Speech-language pathology: Inpatient speech therapy helps you improve speaking, swallowing and communication skills.
- Therapeutic recreation: We use activity-based therapies, such as exercise or art, to help you regain cognitive skills and improve your emotional well-being.
- Neuropsychology: A licensed psychologist evaluates any emotional, behavioral or cognitive issues you may be experiencing.
We provide comprehensive support services to you during and after inpatient rehabilitation. Our team also focuses on training and educating your caregivers to prepare them for the transition out of inpatient rehabilitation. Our qualified staff can even provide home evaluations and make recommendations for modifications or adaptive equipment.
Find a location
Inpatient rehabilitation is available at the following locations:
- Henry Ford Macomb Hospital – Clinton Township
- Henry Ford Wyandotte Hospital
Explore our blogs and patient stories
Read blog articles and patient stories to learn more about inpatient rehabilitation: