Board Certification and Education
- American Board of Surgery - Surgery
- Saint Louis University - School of Medicine, MO, 2005
- St. Louis University School of Medicine, Surgery, MO, 2010
- University of Michigan, Oncology Surgical, MI, 2011
Member of the Henry Ford Cancer Institute
Theresa Schwartz, M.D., is a breast cancer surgeon at the Henry Ford Cancer Institute, specializing in benign and malignant breast diseases. She earned her medical degree and completed her general surgery residency at Saint Louis University School of Medicine. She received her Master of Science in Health Outcomes Research from Saint Louis University, and her Master of Science in Biological Sciences from Southern Illinois University-Edwardsville. She completed her fellowship training in breast oncology at the University of Michigan.
Dr. Schwartz has authored more than two dozen articles in peer-reviewed medical journals and publications and serves on the editorial review board for several notable publications, including Journal of the American College of Surgeons and Annals of Surgical Oncology.
"I want to empower my patients and partner with them on their breast cancer journey. Breast cancer can be a very scary diagnosis. It's my job to help my patients sort through the information they read online and hear second-hand so that they can take some control back."
Her research interests include quality of life and palliative care for breast cancer patients, along with studying how obesity influences immune responses to breast cancer.
Dr. Schwarz has authored more than two dozen articles in peer-reviewed medical journals and publications, and serves on the editorial review board for several notable publications, including Journal of the American College of Surgeons and Annals of Surgical Oncology.
Awards & Honors
- "Top Doctor" Award, Saint Louis Business Journal (2015-2020)
- Outstanding Clinical Educator Award in Surgery, Saint Louis University School of Medicine (2019)
- 40 Under 40, Saint Louis Business Journal (2018)
- Outstanding Physician Award in Clinical Care, Saint Louis University School of Medicine (2017)
- Humanism in Medicine Award, Arnold P. Gold Foundation (2016)
- Henry Ford Hospital
- Henry Ford Macomb Hospital - Clinton Township
- Henry Ford West Bloomfield Hospital
- Henry Ford Wyandotte Hospital