Board Certification and Education
- American Board of Radiology - Radiation Oncology
- Cairo University Faculty of Medicine, 1981
- University of Toronto, Oncology Radiation, 1989
- National Cancer Institute, Oncology Radiation, MD, 1985
- Kaser El-Einy Hospital, Internal Medicine, 1983
- Toronto Bayview Cancer Center, Oncology Radiation, 1989
Member of the Henry Ford Cancer
Titles: Medical Director of Cancer Care Center, Radiation Oncology Department in Clinton Township, Michigan.
Dr. Aref is certified in radiation oncology by both the American Board of Radiology and the Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons of Canada.
He received his medical degree from Cairo University. Dr. Aref completed his residency in Radiation Oncology at the University of Toronto. Following his residency Dr. Aref also worked as a fellow in Radiation Oncology at Toronto Bayview Regional Cancer Centre. Prior to his arrival to Henry Ford Health System, he was an assistant professor with the University of Ottawa, Canada.
Dr. Aref is a member of several professional societies which include: Canadian Association of Radiation Oncologist, ASTRO (American Society for Therapeutic Radiology and Oncology), Ontario College of Physicians and Surgeons and Ontario Medical Association. He has made several presentations at national and international meetings and has been published in peer review medical journals.
Dr. Aref has special interest in Brachytherapy for breast, prostate and gynecologic malignancy.
Videos and Articles
- Henry Ford Hospital
- Henry Ford Jackson Hospital
- Henry Ford Macomb Hospital - Clinton Township
- Henry Ford West Bloomfield Hospital
- Henry Ford Wyandotte Hospital