Board Certification and Education
- American Board of Otolaryngology - Head and Neck Surgery - Otolaryngology
- University of Utah School of Medicine, UT, 2002
- University of Virginia, Otolaryngology, VA, 2007
- Oregon Health Sciences - University Hospital, Otolaryngology, OR, 2008
Member of the Henry Ford Cancer Institute
The Ear, Nose & Throat team at Henry Ford Hospital was recently ranked 23rd in the nation by U.S. News & World Report on its 2018-19 Best Hospitals list.
Titles: Division Chief, Head and Neck Cancer Surgery at Henry Ford Hospital, Department of Otolaryngology
I specialize in Head and Neck Cancer and Robotic Surgery
My practice is dedicated to surgically treating all types of head and neck cancers. I have been performing Transoral Robotic Surgery (TORS) since 2010 shortly after its FDA approval for throat cancers, and lecture nationally and internally on this procedure. The other major focus of my practice is advanced head and neck reconstructive surgery to remove tissue from different parts of the body to reconstruct defects. This is typically after large tumor resections or for tissue damage from radiation therapy.
Recently Dr. Ghanem traveled to Turkey as part of a medical mission providing facial reconstructive surgery for Syrian refugees at Al-Amal Hospital. Read about this mission trip.
- Transoral robotic surgery outcomes for oropharyngeal cancers (throat cancers)
- Outcomes of microvascular reconstruction in head and neck surgery
Videos and Articles
- Henry Ford Jackson Hospital