Why Not Home?
Research shows that patients who go home after a surgery or hospital stay recover faster and have better results. Generally, people prefer to recover in their home with their families.
Other benefits include:
- Lower out of pocket costs
- Peace of having own space/bedroom
- Reduced risk of exposure to illness and less likely to develop infections
- Company from family/friends and pets
- Not confined to one room
Steps to going home
Planning begins as soon as you get to the hospital. Based on what you need, you’ll receive information about resources (nurse visits, virtual visits, physical therapy) that could be provided at home. This will also be the time to get all your questions answered.
Our goal is to make sure that you:
- Have a clear plan and know what to do
- Understand the medicines that you need to take
- Have the services that you need at home
- Have the right support at home