Henry Ford Behavioral Health Hospital
Comprehensive behavioral healthcare. Modern amenities. Training the next generation of providers. Serving the community.
Henry Ford Health and Acadia Healthcare have partnered to build and operate a state of the art behavioral health treatment and teaching hospital in West Bloomfield Township. The hospital brings together the expertise of Henry Ford’s nationally recognized behavioral health teams with Acadia’s experience supporting health systems across the country in achieving outstanding clinical outcomes to millions of patients and families.
- Located on the campus of Henry Ford West Bloomfield Hospital, the new Henry Ford Behavioral Health Hospital – West Bloomfield will offer comfortable, safe, innovative care in an environment conducive to hope and healing.
- Construction began September 2022. The projected opening comes in 2024.
- It is our responsibility and commitment to the community to provide a full spectrum of care options to patients and families experiencing mental health crises, and we will do so in a state-of-the-art healing facility.
- It is also critical to increase the behavioral health workforce needed to care for the community by building a hospital where training and education will be a top pursuit.
- While the hospital will initially provide 184 inpatient beds, it will have a 192-bed capacity and the ability to expand further to meet increasing need.
- Our inpatient psychiatric care will be offered for adults, seniors, adolescents and children.
- All care will be based on innovative care models that integrate physical and mental health services.
- The hospital’s design takes a thoughtful approach to development and balances the dire need to more mental health care with our never-wavering commitment to be good stewards of the land.
- The need for access to mental health services is urgent with more than 50 percent of Americans expected to be diagnosed with a mental illness or disorder at some time in their lives.
- In the interest of caring for the land we have owned since the 1980s, we have preserved 40 acres of rezoned property and are building on just 15 acres.
- The hospital is being built to achieve LEED certification for environmental sustainability.
- We have worked with community leaders and neighborhood associations to address concerns and adjusted building plans, including reducing the height of the building from three stories to two, limiting parking and access to the front of the building to preserve wooded space and agreeing to build a tree buffer between the building and the adjacent neighborhood.
- We look forward to continuing to work together with the community as we strive to build a much-needed facility for the community and its future patients.
- To connect, please contact Hannan Deep